(WASHINGTON, D.C.) –Representative Steve Knight (CA-25) commended a decision by the President to declare a major disaster in the California that will direct federal funds to the state’s recovery efforts.
The order issued on Thursday makes funds available to State, tribal, and eligible local governments as well as certain private nonprofit organizations on a cost-sharing basis for emergency work and the repair or replacement of facilities damaged by recent severe winter storms, flooding, and mudslides. Knight, who requested an emergency declaration last month, says the assistance will go a long way to address threats to public safety caused by recent rainstorms and flooding.
“This is great news for the County of Los Angeles and our damaged infrastructure,” said Rep. Knight. “California is struggling to repair damages caused by recent storms and I am grateful for this assistance in repairing our community.”
Individuals seeking assistance for recovery may contact the County of Los Angeles at (323) 980-2260 or visit the California Office of Emergency Services website here.
A copy of Knight’s letter requesting assistance can be found here.